There is still time to report PQRS in 2016. If you have not yet developed a plan for reporting or have not yet contacted your vendor for direction, please do so ASAP.
Individuals can still report via Registry, EHR (Direct or Data Submission Vendor), or Qualified Clinical Data Registry. Groups can still report via the mechanism chosen during GPRO registration.
Please note the following important action steps for the method you have selected.
- Registry: Contact the Qualified Registry vendor of your choice and make certain you understand and follow data submission requirements and deadlines.
- EHR-Direct: Work with your EHR vendor to make certain you are capturing the data correctly for the purpose of reporting eCQMs. Stay in close touch with your vendor now and through the submission period to create and test your QRDA files. Also, now is the time to establish the role of “PQRS Submitter” in the EIDM system (formerly IACS) which will allow you to upload your files. (Note: Contact the QualityNet Helpdesk if you need help with your EIDM roles, 866-288-8912, press 3” then “7”.)
- EHR-Data Submission Vendor: Work with your EHR vendor to make certain you are capturing the data correctly for the purpose of reporting eCQMs.
- Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR): Contact the QCDR vendor of your choice and make certain you understand and follow data submission requirements and deadlines.
- Web Interface: More information can be found on the CMS web interface page. You can also read PQRS GPRO: What to Do in the Next 6 Months.
Please don’t wait until the last minute. If you need assistance with abstracting data for GPRO and/or your qualified registry vendor, Primaris can help. Primaris also hosted a two-part webinar on Understanding 2016 PQRS GPRO measures earlier this year will help you with your efforts. A link to those webinars can be found here.
Primaris performs PQRS abstraction and mock audits. In first quarter 2016, Primaris performed abstraction for a number of clients, completing more than 30,000 abstractions in a six-week time period. Our GPRO abstraction tool is the technical heart of our abstraction efforts, and we are investing it in big this upcoming GPRO season. Read about all the improvements we are making to the tool to streamline abstraction and reporting here.
Download our Benchmarking Case Study below to see how we’ve helped clients identify opportunities for improvements and provide proactive solutions.
If you'd like to discuss a benchmarking project or abstraction for next year, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the short time period, we will only be taking a limited number of clients.