How often do you hear the word quality in healthcare today? Quality improvement, quality reporting, quality measures, quality data—the list goes on. With the transition to value-based care, the focus of quality in healthcare will continue to increase.
Stop what you’re doing and take a moment to learn about Heathcare Quality Week (#HQW2016)—happening next week.
The National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ) is sponsoring Healthcare Quality Week October 16-22. This time is dedicated to applauding healthcare quality professionals for the contributions they have made in their field and their valuable impact in healthcare.
NAHQ provides a robust number of resources and ideas on how you can celebrate the healthcare quality professionals in your organization. Here are some ways you can promote the event:
- Download the free Healthcare Quality Week posterand display it as is. Or, you can add your organization’s information to the customizable poster (for customization, view in Adobe Reader or Acrobat).
- Host a Lunch and Learn presentation.
- Download the official 2016 HQW logoand e-mail signature.
- Get social. Two ways to do that are:
- Change your Facebook cover photo and Twitter cover photo to promote HQW.
- Post updates and discussions on your social channels using #HQW2016. Here are some ideas for posts:
- I'm proud to be a healthcare quality professional! #HQW2016 (Post a photo of you or your team in the workplace or that shows you on the job.)
- I'm a healthcare quality professional because.... #HQW2016 (Invite people to complete the sentence.)
- Healthcare quality means.... #HQW2016 (Encourage people to share their thoughts.
You can find more resources and week-long events information here.
As a recognized leader in healthcare quality business solutions, Primaris knows the importance of quality in healthcare. In fact, we have more than 30 years’ experience advising organizations on how to improve quality, patient safety and clinical outcomes. We work daily with physicians, providers, patients and payers to improve the quality of healthcare for all.
Center for Patient Safety, one of our partner organizations, also understands that healthcare quality and patient safety go hand-in-hand. It is about getting the right care to the right patient at the right time. Learn more about how they promote safe and quality healthcare through the reduction of medical errors.
Bottom line—no matter what role you play in healthcare, quality is top priority. Join us this week to celebrate those who make it their mission to accelerate improvement and provide quality care.